John Spendluffe Technology College is committed to helping students prepare for a range of destinations when they leave school at the end of Year 11.
School staff are engaged in delivering careers education lessons in years 9, 10 and 11 and the college also provides access to independent and impartial individual careers guidance to all students in year 11.
This area of the College website aims to support staff and students in helping to achieve students achieve career aspirations.
The information and support described here will develop over the months and it is hoped that students will make a contribution to this development through their identification of support needed and the evaluation of existing material.
Currently the help on offer includes:
- Information on apprenticeships
- Information and support on identifying and accessing course at FE colleges
- Information and support on identifying options for sixth form studies
- Information on options for work based learning
- Access to a range of websites supporting career choice
- A vacancy board of local opportunities for apprenticeships, part time and full time employment